Monday, July 4, 2011

What CD for summer 2011?

I am not too much into CD's but some obviously find their way to my iPod and stay there longer than the others. I listened to a number of recently released CD-recitals, and I would like to particularly mention 3 that might embellish your summer vacations:


  1. I'm still to write a review about Die Walküre that I saw during the Festtage in Berlin last April. It was grand on several levels, but especially because of the outstanding Wotan by René the great Pape. His new CD, Wagner, is a gem you would appreciate even more if you listened to his Wotan live. 
  2. Bejun Mehta's last CD, Ombra Cara, is really a special treat. Whether you like baroque or not, it is impossible to resist the beauty of his timbre and a perfectly balanced interpretation. This is actually the CD I listen to the most.
  3. Belcanto aficionados will be admiring La bellezza del canto, a debut CD for Sony-Universal by Olga -infinitely charming- Peretyatko. Wherever she appears these days people love her, which makes this CD a logical consequence of her remarkable popular success.
Three promo videos below










    No comments:

    Post a Comment