Monday, July 25, 2011

Operalia 2011: Congrats to Pretty and René!

Pretty Yende, a young South-African soprano --who amazed the Parisian crowd last December by winning the International Bel-Canto Competition Vincenzo Bellini-- is now conquering the world. Last night she's won the Operalia 2011. She actually shared the prize with an excellent American tenor, René Barbera (American tenors are like Swedish sopranos!)

You can watch the whole final night --which took place last night at the Stanislavski Theater in Moscow-- on medici.tv (c.f. this link)

Meet your new stars [videos attached below]







3 comments:

  1. Beyond her voice and skill, I think what really blows me away is her unbelievable emotion. She makes an absolute investment of her soul and being into every note emitted.
    Thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few years ago I would never said that one day I'd like it. But now I do love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pondering what really blows me away is her unbelievable emotion. She type an absolute investment of her recollection and creature into every memorandum emitted.
    Thanks for placement

    ReplyDelete