Saturday, April 17, 2010

European Opera Days on Arte: Don Quichotte from la Monnaie

Arte  will broadcast the new production of Don Quichotte --an opera by Jules Massenet and directed by Laurent Pelly-- live from La Monnaie/De Munt, one of the best opera houses in Europe [and very dear to my heart], on Saturday, May 8, at 20:30 (cet)
Maestro Marc Minkowski will be conducting the house's orchestra and the singers including José van Dam <--- his last role in Belgium before retirement.


Notice in particular that the weekend of May 8-9 will be celebrated all over Europe as European Opera days. Check out this map to get more details about the free events/visits... near you.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this alert... I must check whether ARTE is available in Switzerland...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah so you're in Switzerland ;) Enjoy!

    Normally from Switzerland you can easily receive all the French and/or German public TV channels, so you shouldn't have any problem to see Arte.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you...!

    I'll be there next month if the ash cloud finally vanishes and I can take my flight to get there... I'm crossing my fingers...

    ReplyDelete