Monday, April 12, 2010

10 minutes of Westbroek and you're cool

Of course something just HAD TO stand on the way for me to go to Amsterdam to see  Les Troyens with  Eva-Maria Westbroek,  the event I've been waiting for since more than a year ago. Just as I thought to go, I learned this morning at work that my presence was indispensable... and that I had to stay.
Not only it's a waste of money for me [I've already paid for the train and had the ticket for Les Troyens], but I really wanted to see this opera live.

Eva-Maria Westbroek as Sieglinde in the Stéphane Braunschweig's production of Die Walkuere in Aix, 2007

There is no any recording of Eva-Maria singing Cassandre, but whatever she sings it's regularly overwhelming, dramatic and stunningly beautiful. Here I picked my three fave Westbroek roles to share.
Whichever you choose it will be 10 minutes of bonding with either Wagner, Shostakovich or R.Strauss. Enjoy

And I gotta dash back to work...



Chrysothemis in the Matthias Hartmann's production of Elektra
 




Katerina Ismailova Lvovna in the Martin Kusej's production of Lady Macbeth of Mzensk





Sieglinde in the concert version of Die Walkuere

No comments:

Post a Comment