Wednesday, April 7, 2010

DVD shopping cart

In spite of a mountain of DVDs that on my shelves that I hope to find enough time to watch, I had to see the list of new DVD releases and saw 4 that I don't think I'll be able to resist.


The Fairy Queen will be there to inhibit the process of fading this wonderful production away from my memory. [ I also hope I'll be able to stop raving about it ;) ]

Lohengrin is a special souvenir from the Muenchner Opernfestspiele where this production was premiered last year. This event was memorable, NOT because of Jonas Kaufmann, nor because of Richard Jones, but because of sensational Elsa by Anja Harteros. She's one of those unlucky singers whose recorded voice is not as round and beautiful as it is in auditorium. Still, This is the best approximation you may have so...

The other two are potentially interesting new operas: The Visit of the Royal Physician by Bo Holten and Prima Donna by Rufus Wainwright.

No comments:

Post a Comment