Friday, October 1, 2010

New Komischer Meistersinger

Before claiming that Bieito's Aida [currently running at Theater Basel] is one of the 5 best operatic events this year*, we should check at least 5-6 new productions still to be unveiled this year, one of them being new Meistersinger von Nürnberg which opened the 2010-2011 season at Komische Oper Berlin last Sunday.

Andreas Homoki directed the show, Patrick Lange conducts, while in the cast you find Marco Jentzsch (Walther),  Tómas Tómasson (Sachs), Dimitry Ivashchenko (Pogner), Tom Erik Lie (Beckmesser), Ina Kringelborn (Eva) etc.

From Act-3 of the new Meistersinger directed by Andreas Homoki [© Komische Oper Berlin]
You probably already understood that Komische is one of my 5 favorite theaters in Europe so I obviously wish I could encourage you to go and see one of the eight remaining shows. [I will of course see it, but in November or December.]

Trailer attached below.

_______________________________
*I'm still to post a short review on that show. 
In addition to his Aida, I saw the "new" Bieito's Carmen at Liceu in Barcelona yesterday.  Both reviews - tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment