Friday, August 5, 2011

Do not forget to see Lohengrin live from Bayreuth

I unfortunately did not see the Hans Neuenfels production of Lohengrin when I was in Bayreuth last year, and so I will be more than happy to watch it live from Bayreuth on Sunday, August 14, starting from 16:00 (cet).





In France and Germany, Arte-TV (NOT Arte Live Web!) will broadcast the show with a slight delay --it will start at 17:00-- to avoid two long intermission breaks (which in Bayreuth are 1 hour long each).

Others can see it via webcast on this link. Like in 2009 and 2010, it's easy and it all works very well: you pay and they send you a ticket, which is basically a code that you should type before the show begins and you enjoy the rest -- the video quality is amazing.
After the live broadcast you can see it as many times you want within the week following the live show.


This year the cast is even better than last year, with Petra Lang singing one of her best roles (Ortrud) and Klaus Florian Vogt who in my book is the best Lohengrin of all times. Georg Zeppenfeld, Tomas Tomasson, and Samuel Youn are the superb bass/baritone trio. It will be interesting to see and hear Elsa sung by Annette Dasch, who I'm sure will give her best.

This fascinating show by Hans Neuenfels --loosely inspired by the work of Art Spiegelman-- will be conducted by Andris Nelsons.

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait! Thank you for the information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watching it right now :)
    I just hope KFV will be at his usual level in Lohengrin (GOAT in this role definitely) and Zeppenfeld and Lang will be superb as usual. Looking forward to see what Annette Dasch can do in this role.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm in love! with KFV that is.

    ReplyDelete